Tips for creating visual records
Here are some guidelines for using a flipchart to create visual records:
- Write big so that people can see it.
- Use dark colors like black or deep purple. Red does not show up well.
- Use markers that do not have a headache-producing odor
If people want to add a thought or example to an item and there is no room on the paper, use a 3x5 self-stick note to capture the thought. Stick the note by the item.
Here are some guidelines for using a laptop and projector:
- Use a large font, preferrably 18 points or higher.
- Adjust the lights and shades in the room to be sure that people can see it.
- Print out copies of the records for people to take with them